Let’s talk barbecued shrimp. A lot of times, people will go for quantity over quality. I prefer to buy my shrimp about as large as you can find them, and I make fewer of them. Why? Well, the larger shrimp can be prepared in creative ways. Besides, they generally have a better flavor and they’ll feed a hungry cowboy or two.
The Best Shrimp Stuffing
To stuff the shrimp, slice right down the center line where the shrimp was deveined.
For the stuffing, Mix 4 ounces of cream cheese with adobo sauce, apricot jam, and thin-sliced, seeded jalapeno and serrano peppers.
Tip: For extra heat, leave the seeds in the peppers.
Tip: The perfect slice of pepper for the shrimp is just a little thicker than a toothpick.
To finish it off, add some Rib Rub – this is a brown sugar based rub with some chili powder and goes really well with the shrimp.
Change it up: Try any flavor of jam! Pineapple Habanero, Jalapeno, Grape, Cherry, etc..
Stuff about a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the shrimp and top with a slice of pepper.
Wrap with a piece of peppered thick-sliced bacon. Use the entire strip of bacon, folks. This is meant to be a meal!
Products Used in this Video
Stuffed Shrimp Grilling Instructions
Set up most of the heat on one side of the grill. You’ll want to lay the bacon wrapped shrimp right on the grill over the side that does not have the fire burning. The indirect heat will cook the bacon and the shrimp inside without burning.
Sprinkle a little Rib Rub over the bacon while it’s grilling.
Flip the shrimp once you get the color you like, and cook until the bacon is done and the shrimp inside is opaque and a firm texture. You can eat just like this or dip them in barbeque sauce for a little more zing!
More Shrimp Recipes
- Shrimp and Cheesy Grits
- Shrimp Scampi
- Shrimp Po’Boy
- Cowboy Shrimp Bake
- Shrimp Etouffee
- Grilled Shrimp in Chipotle Honey Marinade
- Easy Homemade Sushi
- Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- Cowboy Gumbo
- Garden Wok Stir Fry
- Grilled Kebabs with Tangy Marinade
As always, Shannon and I thank you for enjoying our videos with us. Please remember to subscribe to our YouTube Channel and click like on all of your favorite videos. Check our events page or subscribe to our newsletter to find out about upcoming events. We will see you next time!
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Grilled Shrimp – Cowboy Kent Rollins
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 20 large peeled and deveined shrimp (uncooked)
- 20 slices thick-cut bacon
- 6 jalapenos seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 tablespoon Kent's Rib Rub or your favorite all-purpose seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, peach preserves , adobo sauce and Rib Rub. Set aside.
- Cut the down the middle of the shrimp, being careful not to slice all the way through, to create a pocket for stuffing.
- Spread a layer of the cream cheese mixture into the shrimp and top with a jalapeno strip. Wrap with bacon and pin with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Place the shrimp on the warm side of the grill, flipping ocassionally for a few minutes to warm. Transfer the shrimp to the hot side of the grill and cook about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until the bacon browns and the shrimp are firm and opaque in color.