Big Mac Casserole is an easy, delicious recipe that will feed a lot of people and have everyone coming back for more. Y’all may remember the time I made the Cowboy Big Mac? That’s still one of our most watched videos. I do love me a Big Mac, so this recipe is near and dear to my heart, and I can’t wait to share it will all of you.
We appreciate you sharing our recipes with your friends and family!
Step One: Make the Special Sauce
The special sauce is straightforward and easy. Just mix up all the ingredients in the recipe below. If you’d like more flavor and a little *zing* might I suggest subbing generic honey mustard with my Sweet & Spicy Mustard?
Mix up all the ingredients and set aside. It’s time to start cooking up the ground beef!
Step Two: Brown the 80/20 Ground Beef
Start by seasoning the meat with Original Seasoning or salt and pepper. Brown well, transferring the finished meat to the Dutch oven.
Add Some Extra Flavor to This Recipe
Step Three: Assemble the Big Mac Casserole
The bottom layer of the big mac casserole will be half of the browned ground beef. Spread half of the special sauce and half of the cheese over the meat. Repeat this step, making a second layer of beef/sauce/cheese. Top with canned biscuit dough.
Step Four: Bake the Big Mac Casserole
This is the easy part. If you’re inside, bake in a 350 degree oven. If you’re outside, bake in a Dutch oven set up on a trivet with hot coals over the top of the lid and in a circle around the legs of the trivet. The casserole is done when the biscuits are browned. This should take about 25 minutes.
Step Five: Finishing Touches
It’s usually the finishing touches that turn a good meal into a great meal. Once the casserole is out of the oven, spread butter over the browned biscuits and sprinkle with sesame seats. Then, as we say in Oklahoma, Bon Appetite!
Here are Some Other Delicious Casserole Recipes from Kent Rollins
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Tuna Casserole
- Cowboy Baked Bean Casserole
- Savory Sausage Casserole – Holiday or Camping Breakfast
- Squash Casserole – Cheesy Traditional Recipe
- Hominy and Green Chile Casserole
We sure do hope you enjoy cooking up our recipes as much as we do. Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Come back every Wednesday at 2:30 for a new episode of Kent Rollins Cowboy Cooking!
Big Mac Casserole - Cowboy Kent Rollins
Big Mac Sauce
- 1 cup cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons dill relish
- 4 tablespoons Kent Rollins Sweet and Spicy Mustard or honey mustard
- 1 white onion diced
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 lb.s 80/20 ground chuck
- Kent Rollins’ Original seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 large canned biscuits
- Melted butter for spreading
- Sesame seeds for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9x13-inch casserole dish or 12-inch Dutch oven.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet, add half of the meat and season with the Original Seasoning. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Drain any excess grease and transfer the meat to the casserole dish or Dutch oven. Brown the remaining meat.
- Top the first layer of hamburger meat with half of the Big Mac Sauce and half of the cheeses. Repeat to create another layer of meat, sauce and cheese.
- Slightly flatten the canned biscuits and evenly place on top of the casserole.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the biscuits are browned. Remove from the oven and brush the biscuits with butter and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve warm.