Deep Fried New York Strip Steak - Cowboy Kent Rollins
- 1, 12- oz strip steak
- lime juice
- salt and black pepper
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 heaping tablespoon Kent's Original Seasoning OR 1 tablespoon seasoned salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pkg Miracle Dip see substitution
- Oil for frying
- Rub the lime juice onto both sides of the strip steak. Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the steak and rub in. Wrap in plastic and place in the icebox for about 4 hours.
- Remove the steak from the icebox and let warm for about 30 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the flour and Original Seasoning. Set aside.
- Prepare the Miracle Dip according the package. Or see substitution below.
- Dip the meat in the wet mix and then into the flour mixture to generously coat. Repeat.
- Place about 2 to 3 inches of the oil in a Dutch oven and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Place the steak in the oil and fry on both sides until a rich golden brown. Let the steak rest a couple minutes before serving.
Kent's Original Seasoning available at KentRollins.com Decoty Miracle dip available: https://bit.ly/3kb9XLP or use a substitution with 3 tablespoons powdered whole egg, 3 tablespoons powdered milk, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, 3 cups warm water.