You can’t help but like cheese, crispy bacon, steak, and taters! I’ve got the perfect dish that’s got all these – Crispy Bacon Cheesy Steak Fries, the best ever cheese fries.
I don’t like to pour just canned chili all over my cheese fries, and if you’re like me, this recipe is perfect for you. It is one of the easiest recipes in the world and it gives you that full rich taste of the cheesy fries with a little bit of crispy bacon and steak.
You can use any steak of your choice but I like to use Rib Eyes or NY Strips. We rub the steaks wit
h lime juice to break down the muscle and make them tender. Season them up well ( we use River Ranch Original seasoning (or you can useany seasoning of your choice).
For our tips on how to grill our steaks -check out our video on How to Grill the Perfect Steak.
So, what makes the best cheesy fries? Not the slick cut potatoes, not the round cut fries, but the crinkle cut fries because they hold that cheese better.
I also throw in some jalapenos for a little heat. I like to cut the jalapeños in half before I fry them and then dice them into little bits after frying that way those little fellers won’t get lost in the grease.
Take a taste of that cheesy fries and let the goodness begin. It is an academy award winning cheese presentation that would have your neighbors flocking in, wanting a little taste! Simple cheesy goodness.
Crispy Bacon Cheesy Steak Fries
- 2 (12 oz) NY Strips, Rib eyes or steak of your choice
- Fry oil canola, peanut, etc.
- 1 (20 oz) bag crinkle cut French Fries
- 1 lb. bacon cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 jalapenos sliced in half
- 8 ounces shredded Mozarella cheese
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- Rub the steaks with lime juice and season with Red River Ranch Original seasoning (available here: https://bit.ly/2GuugRT or any seasoning of your choice). Place the steaks in a plastic bag and set in icebox for at least 4 hours. Remove about 20 – 30 minutes before grilling.
- Clean, oil and preheat the grill to hot. Grill the steaks about 3 -4 minutes/side. Remove and keep warm. When cool enough to handle, chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat the fry oil in a Dutch oven or fryer to about 350 degrees F. Fry the taters, until golden brown and crispy. Let cool on a paper towel or wire rack.
- In the same oil, fry the bacon until crispy followed by the onions and jalapenos until tender.
- Chop the bacon and jalapenos, set aside.
- Place a layer of the fries on a large baking pan, followed by the cheeses, bacon, jalapenos, onions and steak. Repeat the layers until all the ingredients have been used. We also finished with sprinkling on a little Red River Ranch Mesquite Seasoning (available here: https://bit.ly/2GuugRT - optional)
- Place the pan on the grill over indirect heat and close the lid. Grill for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has all melted.