Y’all, it’s time to make a classic comfort food and a good ol’ tater is one of my favorites. Today, it’s Roasted Potatoes – Oven Roasted Potatoes. Even better, Dutch Oven Roasted Potatoes using Red Potatoes and Bell Peppers.
There are a lot of different taters you can use when cooking but I’ll be using Red taters and small round russets. A big tip I’ve got for y’all is to make sure you cut all your taters in roughly the same size. This is so that when they begin to cook, they all take about the same cooking time. Also, be generous with your Olive oil, make sure every small piece of tater has a little oil on it. The seasoning we’re using today are ranch dressing packets. Easy and full of flavor.
You can cook this recipe in a conventional oven or as I do it, in a Dutch oven. When stirring of flipping, if you notice that some are beginning to stick, add in a little more Olive oil. You can also use your spatula to mash them down just slightly. This will break down the seal on the taters and allow them to brown a little better.
Watch the video to see how we handle the heat and the placing of the coal.
When this is done what’s the best part? Add some shredded Parmesan cheese to it. The Oven Roasted Potatoes has so much flavor, tastes incredible and it’s one of my best and easy dishes. I hope you like it too!
Dutch Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 6 medium red taters cut into equal bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound of small round russets
- Olive oil
- 2 ranch seasoning packets
- Coarse sea salt to taste
- Coarse ground black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Stir in the sliced peppers and onion. Saute until they begin to get tender and then add the garlic. Continue cooking until the peppers are tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and pepper mixture. Generously coat with the olive oil (I start with 1/3 - 1/2 cup) and toss to evenly coat.
- Stir in 1 ranch packet to evenly coat, followed by the 2nd packet. Season with the salt and pepper.
- If cooking with a conventional oven, bake at 425 for about 35 minutes, or until tender. About halfway thru cooking, flip the potatoes over.
- Generously sprinkle with Parmesan before serving.