If you’re looking for something to make for your sweetie- then we’ve got a treat for y’all. I don’t know about you, but I tend to founder on a Valentine’s Day meal, and by the time I get to the dessert round I can hardly find room. I guess that’s why Shan came up with this Moose – I mean Mousse dessert. I ain’t never made one of these on the wagon, but I’m thinking those fellers would like it. It’s got a lighter consistency than a pudding with a great chocolate and coffee taste.
Mocha Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee grounds
- Strawberries, berries for serving optional
- In a medium bowl beat the cream, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla until stiff. Beat in the cocoa powder until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and instant coffee until stiff. Beat in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar,
- Fold the egg white mixture into the cream mixture. Cover and place in the icebox for 1 hour or until ready to serve. Serve chilled with berries (optional).