Whether you’re a football fan or not- the Super Bowl is a great excuse to whip up some snacks! We’re sharing some of our favorite appetizers for your Super Bowl party… or really any day of the week!
Cowboy Sloppy Joe Sliders
- 1.5 pounds hamburger
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 can Rotel drained
- 1/3– ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoons mustard
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- Shredded cheese for serving
- In a cast iron skillet, brown the meat over medium heat. As the meat begins to brown stir in the onions and continue cooking until meat is done and onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain any excess grease, if needed.
- Stir in the brown sugar, Rotel, BBQ sauce and mustard. Simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes or until warmed through.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the rolls and top with cheese. Serve warm.
Cream Cheese Pizza Roll-Ups
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust
- 6 oz. cream cheese softened
- 6 oz. sliced meat – or more to taste
- ¼ - 1/3 cup sauce topping (green chile chipotle relish bbq sauce, etc
- 1/3– ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Roll the pizza dough out onto a floured surface. With a rolling pin roll the dough out so it’s slightly thinner.
- Evenly spread the cream cheese over the dough. Top with the sliced meat. Feel free to use any kind of deli meat you’d like.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce of your choice on top. We prefer our Green Chile Chipotle Relish available on kentrollins.com. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top.
- Tightly roll up the dough, beginning on the long side. Cut into 1/2 –inch thick slices. Place on the dish and bake for about 25 minutes or until light golden brown and set. Serve warm.
Pickled Okra and Jalapeno Dip
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced pickled okra
- 1/4 cup diced pickled jalapeños or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly butter a pie pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Lightly beat in the okra, jalapeños, Worcestershire, garlic powder, paprika, and red pepper.
- Scrape the mixture into the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed crackers and butter. Sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve warm with crackers or chips.