Our live cook-along was a great success and we appreciate each and every one of you for being there. You can watch the video in full, including all of the great questions everyone asked. We wanted to let everyone know that the new cookbook Comfort Food the Cowboy Way will be released March 28th. You can pre-order the cookbook at our website and you will get a signed copy!
Here are a couple of tips that came up during the live event that will help you with the recipe below:
- In a pinch, you can substitute sour cream for mayonnaise.
- Silicone muffin tins are easier to remove the egg bites from and easier to clean.
- These go really well with our Green Chile and Chipotle Relish (Cowboy Chutney).
- These egg bites are freezable – you can microwave them for about 30 seconds and eat on the way out the door.
- You can make these with bacon, breakfast sausage, or both!
- This recipe is in our new cookbook Comfort Food, the Cowboy Way and was a huge hit at our coffee shop.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, follow us on Facebook, and join our weekly newsletter so you’ll be notified in advance of any live cooking events or book tour stops near you.
Cackleberry Bites (Cowboy Egg Bites) - Cowboy Kent Rollins
- Butter for greasing
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon chopped
- 10 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 to 2 green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Butter a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
- In a medium cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Pour the batter into 10 to 12 muffin cups to about ¾ full. Sprinkle the tops evenly with the bacon and about 1/2 tablespoon of the diced bell pepper. Evenly sprinkle
- with the green onion and about 1/2 tablespoon of the cheese. Lightly stir each bite with a toothpick.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the eggs are set and cooked through. Remove from the pan and let cool slightly before serving.
- Tip: These remove easier if baked in a silicone muffin pan.