This is a classic dessert done in a Dutch oven or in the house.
It’s usually the first dessert we make when we are cooking for a ranch because it’s our tradition to put the ranch’s brand on top to kick off the works.
Use the batter as a base for any cobbler recipe- don’t be afraid to mix fruit and experiment!
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 60 MINUTES
MAKES 8 TO 10 SERVINGS
1 (15.5-ounce) tub sliced frozen strawberries, reserve juice
1 (29-ounce) can sliced peaches in heavy syrup, ½ juice drained
2 cups all-purpose flour2 cups sugar4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups milk1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick butter, melted1 to 2 cups Hershey’s Kisses
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F with a rack in the middle. Lightly butter an 11-x-13-inch baking pan or 12-inch
2. In a large bowl, combine the strawberries with the juice and peaches with juice. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Whisk in the milk and vanilla.
4. Pour the melted butter into the baking pan. Pour the batter into the pan.
5. Spoon the fruit mixture evenly on top of the batter.
6. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until about three quarters of the cobbler has baked through like a cake and is golden brown on top. The rest should be slightly gooey because it will set as it cools. I like to poke the cobbler in several spots with a spoon about halfway through, to help even out the baking.
7. About 10 minutes before the cobbler is done, place the Hershey’s Kisses on the top, pushing them in slightly. Continue baking until the cobbler is done. Serve warm or at room temperature.